Monday 25 January 2010

Things 1 & 2

Here's what I did in Week One, 18 Jan 2010, as part of the "23 Things Oxford" programme:


Thing 1
I already had a Google ID, so didn't need to set one up.

Thing 2
I didn't have an iGoogle page, so I customised one.

I added these gadgets:
  • Google Map Search
  • Date & Time
  • BBC News
  • CBC News
  • Time Out London
  • Weather
  • The New Yorker
  • Salon
  • Daily Literary Quote
  • Gmail

I'm sure that, given more time, I could make my iGoogle page more attractive, interesting and functional. I do, however, like the functionality of seeing my Gmail inbox on the side of the iGoogle page whilst I'm looking at other things.

For now, I've made my iGoogle page my home page. Here's a small screen shot of it:



I operate my pc with two monitors on at once, so when I did the screenshot, it evidently captured a shot of both my iGoogle page on one monitor (on the left) and of my current green leafy wallpaper on my second monitor (on the right). I don't think I had never done a screenshot before, or least it was so long ago when I did know that I had forgotten, so am glad to have been reminded how to do this.

That's about it for Things 1 & 2.

















No comments:

Post a Comment